Thursday, March 29, 2012

(UFS 211)TASK 4 : Topic Sentence/Supporting Sentence/Concluding sentence


Example of :-

A)Topic Sentence

i) There are many different kinds of footwear.

ii) There are many different ways of using eggs in cooking.

iii) My special treasure is a picture of my mother on her fifteenth birthday..

B) Supporting Sentence

i) - Sporting footwear includes: running spikes, climbing shoes and
football, ice skating and diving boots to name but a few.
- There is also footwear for differing types of weather e.g.
galoshes, snow shoes and sandals.
- In addition, fashion and culture have combined to influence
footwear design, bringing us the platform sole, clogs, the stiletto
heel and the moccasin.

ii) - They can be boiled lightly and eaten with toast.

- Hard boiled eggs are good for picnics, sandwiches or use in salads.
- Fried, poached and scrambled eggs are commonly eaten at breakfast,
while an omelette provides a light and nourishing meal at any time.

- For an exotic touch, eggs can be curried or used in sauces such as
mayonnaise and hollandaise sauce.

iii) - This picture is always in my house when I was growing up. Years later when I got married and moved to Montreal, my mother gave it to me so that I would always remember her.

- Now, it sits on my table next to my bed. I look at it and, imagine my mother’s life on that day. I think she was excited because her eyes are shining with happiness.

- Her smile is shy as if she were thinking about a secret. She is standing next to rose bush, and the roses are taller than she is. She is wearing a beautiful white lace dress and black shoes. Her hair is long and curly.

- She looks lovely in this peaceful place, and I feel calm when I gaze into her eyes at the end of my busy day

C) Concluding Sentence

i) Footwear has been designed to cater for all tastes and circumstances.

ii) There are few foods that are as nourishing and versatile as eggs.

iii) This picture of my mother is my most valuable possession.

No comments:

Post a Comment